Posted: December 13, 2019 | Updated: October 16, 2023
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING
GOVERNMENTAL BODY: THE CITY COUNCIL OF CRESCO, IOWA
DATE OF MEETING: DECEMBER 16, 2019
TIME AND PLACE OF MEETING: 7:00 P.M. AT CRESCO CITY HALL
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE ABOVE MENTIONED
GOVERNMENTAL BODY WILL MEET AT THE DATE, TIME AND PLACE SET OUT ABOVE. THE TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR SAID MEETING IS AS FOLLOWS:
ROLL CALL: BRENNO, McCARVILLE, FORTUNE, BOUSKA, CARMAN
ACT ON THE CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time council votes on the motion.
- Approval of the Agenda
- Approval of the Claims
- Approval of Minutes from December 2, 2019
- Approval of Class C Liquor License (LC) (Commercial) for Big Daddy Hideaway Corp d/b/a Hideaway Lounge with Sunday Sales
- Approval of Class C Liquor License (LC) (Commercial) for Howard County Agricultural Society d/b/a Mighty Howard County Fair—Howard County Exp with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales
- Approval of Pay Request #3 for $33,375.61 for Skyline Construction for Vernon Road Watermain Improvements Project
- Approval of Excavator Licenses for:
- James Henry d/b/a Henry’s Backhoe Service
- Mracek Plumbing, Heating & Electric LLC
- Mehmert Tiling, Inc
- Skyline Construction Inc
- MB Inc
- Approval of Tree Surgeon Licenses for:
- Kittelson Consulting Arborist LLC
- Total Tree Care LLC
- Complete Tree Service LLC
- Wilson Custom Tree Trimmers LLC
STAFF REPORTS: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Public Works
- Committee Updates
BUSINESS: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Set Public Hearing to Amend the Code of Ordinances by Amending Chapter 74.05 Pertaining to Golf Carts and Utility Trail Vehicles (UTVs)
- First Reading of Ordinance No. 481 Amending the Code of Ordinances by Amending Chapter 74.05 Pertaining to Golf Carts and Utility Trail Vehicles (UTVs)
- Possible Motion to Change Council Meeting on Monday, February 3, 2020 to Wednesday, February 5, 2020 due to the Caucus on Monday
- Assign Council Members to Committees, Boards, and Commissions
COMMENTS FROM AUDIENCE:
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN AT THE DIRECTION OF THE MAYOR PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENTAL BODY. POSTED DECEMBER 13, 2019.
Mayor Bohle called the Cresco City Council meeting to order on December 16, 2019, at 7:00 pm at City Hall. Council Members Brenno, Fortune, and Bouska were present. Council Members McCarville and Carman were absent.
Bouska made the motion to approve the consent agenda which included approval of the: agenda; claims; minutes of the December 2, 2019 meeting; Class C Liquor License (LC) (commercial) for Big Daddy Hideaway Corp d/b/a Hideaway Lounge with Sunday sales; Class C Liquor License (LC) (commercial) for Howard County Agricultural Society d/b/a Mighty Howard County Fair—Howard County Expo with outdoor service and Sunday sales; pay request #3 for $33,375.61 for Skyline Construction for Vernon Road Watermain Improvements Project; Excavator Licenses for: James Henry d/b/a Henry’s Backhoe Service, Mracek Plumbing, Heating & Electric LLC, Mehmert Tiling, Inc, Skyline Construction Inc, MB Inc; Tree Surgeon Licenses for: Kittelson Consulting Aborist LLC, Total Tree Care LLC, Tim Walton d/b/a Tim Walton Tree Service, Complete Tree Service LLC, Wilson Custom Tree Trimmers LLC. Fortune seconded and it passed all ayes.
Public Works Director Freidhof reported: (a) repaired a watermain break today in the boulevard near Casey’s; (b) a sewer main was partially plugged and causing issues so that was cleaned out today; (c) Street Dept has been sanding streets and trimming trees; (d) Street Dept started a sign inventory to locate faded signs that need replacing. Hopefully we can get a grant because we have already found 79 that need replacing; (e) Michelle is working on the budget.
Library Director Cynthia Kay reported the Library will be closed January 16th for staffing in-service. January 10-11th there will be a medical history museum at the Library. Starting January 6th, the Library will close one hour earlier Monday – Thursday at 7 pm. They are updating the Library Policy Manual.
Bouska made the motion to set a Public Hearing to amend the Code of Ordinances by amending chapter 74.05 pertaining to golf carts and utility trail vehicles (UTVs) for January 6, 2020. Brenno seconded and it passed all ayes.
Mayor Bohle performed the first reading of Ordinance No. 481 amending the Code of Ordinances by amending chapter 74.05 pertaining to golf carts and utility trail vehicles (UTVs). Bouska made the motion to approve the first reading of Ordinance No. 481. Fortune seconded and it passed all ayes.
Bouska made a motion to change the Council meeting on Monday, February 3, 2020 to Wednesday, February 5, 2020 due to the Caucus on Monday. Fortune seconded and it passed all ayes.
Council Members were appointed to committees and board liaisons as follows: Public Works – Brenno, Fortune, Freidhof, Girolamo, Bohle; Personnel – Bouska, Fortune, Bohle; Fire – McCarville, Fortune, Bohle; Tourism – Bouska, Carman; CIDC – McCarville, Bohle; Chamber – Carman; HCED – Bouska; Revolving Loan – Girolamo; IRP – McCarville, Bohle; Park & Rec – Brenno; Library – Carman; Theatre – Fortune; Airport – McCarville, Freidhof; Board of Adjustments – Freidhof; Planning & Zoning – Freidhof; Public Safety – Brenno; Upper Explorerland Regional Housing Authority Board – Bouska.
Mayor Bohle asked for comments from the audience and there were none.
Brenno moved to adjourn at 7:17 pm. Fortune seconded and it passed all ayes. The next regular Cresco City Council meeting will be January 6, 2020 at 7:00 pm at Cresco City Hall.
Mayor Mark Bohle
City Clerk Michelle Girolamo