Posted: February 10, 2023 | Updated: October 16, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: February 13th, 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Hayek, Gosch, Hughes, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from January 9th, 2023 meeting
- Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Manager’s Report
- Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Friends of Theatre
- Theatre Seats
- Scene Shop Committee
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Next meeting date: March 13th, 2023
- Comments from Community Theatre
- Comments from Chamber
- Comments from City Council
- Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, POSTED FEBRUARY 10, 2023.
Cresco Theatre Commission
President Jon Hayek called the meeting to order on February 13th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Jon Hayek, Ronda Hughes, David Gosch, and Julie Wilson. Kari Waterbeck, Ann Seebach, and Kelly Bartling were unable to attend. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager, and Alex
Fortune, City Council.
The February agenda, January minutes and financials were reviewed. David Gosch made the motion to approve, seconded by Julie Wilson and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. The Oneota Film Festival was well attended. The furnaces have been fixed. Notre Dame came for a movie on 2/3, and the students were excellent. Upcoming live events scheduled: Jimmy Kuratz: Almost Cancelled Stand Up Comedy Tour for ages 18 and older, Mitchell Hall and the Tennessee Trio-A Johnny Cash Tribute on 4/29, and Joseph Hall: Rock-N-Remember on 5/5. Wendy met with Curt Stier about seating options, and will get a quote so a budget can be set for seating. Wendy also met with Jennifer from UNI about their Outreach Programming. Ronda Hughes made a motion to approve the manager’s report, seconded by David Gosch and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Staffing: Brittania and Alayna are due for a 90 day raise of $0.15 and Austin $0.35 as a shift leader effective 2/11/23. Ronda Hughes made the motion to approve these raises, seconded by David Gosch and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Friends of Theatre-Will be contacted soon for assistance with live events.
- Theatre Seats-See above
- Scene Shop Committee-The committee will meet soon. Approval to apply for the Catalyst Grant has been received. Grant applications are due 3/16/23. Floor plans and a formal proposal will be put together.
- Next Meeting Date-March 13th, Ronda Hughes made the motion to approve, seconded by Jon Hayek and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-none
- City Council-Alex shared that there will be meetings held for property owners for the Elm Street and 7th SW projects. These meetings will be Q & A with the engineers held at Cresco Bank and Trust on 2/22 at 5:00 and 6:00.
David Gosch made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Ronda Hughes and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Julie A. Wilson