Posted: January 5, 2023 | Updated: October 16, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: January 9th, 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Hayek, Gosch, Hughes, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from December 12th, 2022 meeting
- Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Manager’s Report
- Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Friends of Theatre
- Theatre Seats
- 2023/2024 Budget
- Scene Shop Committee
- Rental Agreements
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Next meeting date: February 13th, 2023
- Comments from Community Theatre
- Comments from Chamber
- Comments from City Council
- Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, POSTED JANUARY 5, 2023.
Cresco Theatre Commission
President Jon Hayek called the meeting to order on January 9th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Jon Hayek, Ronda Hughes, David Gosch, Kelly Bartling, Ann Seebach, and Julie Wilson. Kari Waterbeck was unable to attend. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager, and Joe Wacha, Cresco Community Theatre.
The January agenda, December minutes and claims were reviewed. David Gosch made the motion to approve, seconded by Ann Seebach and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. The free movies were well attended. The staff has been great help with all of the extra events. Upcoming live events will be: Oneota Film Festival on 1/29, Mitchell Hall and the Tennessee Trio on 4/29, and Joseph Hall: Rock-N-Remember on 5/5. There are many good movies on the way for February. The deadline for the Catalyst Grant has been extended, so we should know more at the next meeting. Julie Wilson made a motion to approve the manager’s report, seconded by Ann Seebach and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Staffing: Nothing to report at this time.
- Friends of Theatre-going well
- Theatre Seats-Kurt from the Gallagher Bluedorn will be stopping next week to talk with Wendy about seating options.
- 2023/2024 Budget-no changes
- Scene Shop Committee-no report at this time
- Rental Agreements-no changes
- Next Meeting Date-February 13th, 2023. David Gosch made the motion to approve, seconded by Kelly Bartling and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-Joe Wacha reminded everyone that the Winter Party would take place on 1/10 at 7:00PM in Champlin Hall. CCT did not have a meeting in December.
- City Council-Council Meeting was occurring at the same time as Theatre Commission Meeting
David Gosch made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Kelly Bartling and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Julie A. Wilson