Posted: March 6, 2023 | Updated: October 16, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: March 13th, 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Hayek, Gosch, Hughes, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from February 13th, 2023 meeting
- Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Manager’s Report
- Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Friends of Theatre
- Theatre Seats
- Scene Shop Committee
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Next meeting date: April 10th, 2023 Comments:
- Comments from Community Theatre
- Comments from Chamber
- Comments from City Council
- Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, POSTED MARCH 6, 2023.
Cresco Theatre Commission
Vice-President David Gosch called the meeting to order on March 13th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Ronda Hughes, David Gosch, Kari Waterbeck, Ann Seebach, Kelly Bartling, and Julie Wilson. Jon Hayek was unable to attend. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager, and Joe Wacha, Cresco Community Theatre.
The March agenda, February minutes and financials were reviewed. Ann Seebach made the motion to approve, seconded by Ronda Hughes and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. The Community Foundation Grants have been announced, and the Theatre has been awarded $15,000. Recent movies have been well-attended. Upcoming events include: Notre Dame’s concert on 3/28, Comedian Jimmy Kuratz on 4/1, and the Fitness Center Dance Recital on 4/30. Commission members have been asked to assist at these events. Kelly Bartling made a motion to approve the manager’s report, seconded by Julie Wilson and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Friends of Theatre-Nothing to report at this time.
- Theatre Seats-Nothing to report at this time.
- Scene Shop Committee-The committee met and went over the plans. Moving into phase two, the drawings are becoming more exact with detailed cost approximations, etc…
- Fundraising: The Commission discussed possible future fundraising. Members will continue to look for ideas and funding sources.
- Next Meeting Date-April 10th, Kari Waterbeck made the motion to approve, seconded by Ann Seebach and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-They are meeting on 3/14, and hope to make plans for a summer event.
- Chamber-They have been assisting with the completion of the Catalyst Grant.
- City Council-No report
Ann Seebach made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Kari Waterbeck and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Julie A. Wilson