Posted: May 18, 2023 | Updated: August 18, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: May 8th, 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Hayek, Gosch, Hughes, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
1. Approval of Agenda
2. Approval of Minutes from April 10th, 2023 meeting
3. Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
1. Manager’s Report
2. Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
1. Friends of Theatre
2. Theatre Seats
3. Scene Shop Committee
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
2. 10 year anniversary in August
3. CCT’s Rental Agreement
4. Commission Members due to renew
5. Next meeting date: June 12th, 2023
1. Comments from Community Theatre
2. Comments from Chamber
3. Comments from City Council
4. Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, MAY 5, 2023.
President Jon Hayek called the meeting to order on May 8th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Jon Hayek, Kari Waterbeck, Ronda Hughes, and Julie Wilson. Kelly Bartling, David Gosch, and Ann Seebach were unable to attend. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager, Joe Wacha, Cresco Community Theatre, and Alex Fortune, City Council.
The May agenda and April minutes were reviewed. Ronda Hughes made the motion to approve, seconded by Kari Waterbeck and unanimously approved by the Commission. After discussion of financials, a motion to approve was made by Julie Wilson, seconded by Ronda Hughes and unanimously approved.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. There has been a lot of activity at the Theatre. Windows have been installed, sills replaced, air-conditioners installed, quotes are being obtained for new door locks, Mudslingers will be working on the wall in the pop room, and a new wash sink will be going in. The Johnny Cash Tribute had 240 attendees, and the profit was $1,289.53. The Elvis show profit was $857.85. There were two private rentals during the month of April. Area school children will be attending movies on May 15th and 16th. Commission members are needed to assist.
Staffing: Wendy shared that Brittania turned in her resignation, and that Sebastian has requested a change in his hours. Kare Waterbeck made a motion to approve the manager’s and staffing report, seconded by Ronda Hughes and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Friends of Theatre-Ronda will be added to the Friends of the Theatre list when she goes off the Commission. Julie and Kari will coordinate and schedule Friends of the Theatre for live events.
- Theatre Seats-Nothing to report at this time.
- Scene Shop Committee-The committee is waiting to hear about the Catalyst Grant. The committee will be meeting again in the near future.
- Fundraising: Many ideas were discussed and members should continue to generate ideas.
- 10 Year Anniversary-The group decided to celebrate next August for the 110th Anniversary of the Theatre.
- CCT Rental Agreement-After suggestions from City Hall, the rental rate for CCT will now be $900.
- Commission Members due to renew their terms, and new positions were discussed. Jon Hayek will be stepping down from the Commission as he has accepted a new work position out of town.
- Next Meeting Date-June 12th, Ronda Hughes made the motion to approve, seconded by Julie Wilson and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-Joe Wacha reported that set pieces are arriving, the show is cast, and the performance for the summer is “The Play That Went Wrong.”
- Chamber-No report
- City Council-Alex Fortune shared updates concerning water tower repairs and inspections, boulevard tree planting, 7th project, and the downtown sidewalk work.
- Comments from the Audience-none
Kari Waterbeck made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Ronda Hughes and unanimously approved by the Commission.