Posted: November 8, 2023 | Updated: November 22, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: November 13th, 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Gosch, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling, Lickteig
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from October 9th, 2023 meeting
- Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Manager’s Report
- Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Friends of Theatre
- Theatre Seats
- Scene Shop Committee
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
- 110 Year Anniversary-Ideas and Planning for August of 2024
- Next meeting date: December 11th, 2023
- Comments from Community Theatre
- Comments from Chamber
- Comments from City Council
- Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, POSTED NOVEMBER 8TH, 2023.
Cresco Theatre Commission
President David Gosch called the meeting to order on November 13th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: David Gosch, Kelly Bartling, Steve Lickteig, Kari Waterbeck, Ann Seebach and Julie Wilson. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager, and Joe Wacha, Cresco Community Theatre.
The November agenda, October minutes and financials were reviewed. Steve Lickteig made the motion to approve, seconded by Ann Seebach and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. Wendy reported that the Neverly Brothers was well-attended with a profit of approximately $1,800. The Taylor Swift movie cleared $519. The homeschool play was well-attended, as well. Upcoming events were reviewed. The Riceville School will be coming to the Theatre on December 20th. Commission members may be asked to assist with making popcorn early that day. Wendy reported that half of the PA system has been installed, and that the grant report has been filed. Ann Seebach made the motion to approve, seconded by Kelly Bartling and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Friends of Theatre-May be asked to assist on December 20th.
- Theatre Seats-Wendy is checking with Billmyer’s on flooring costs.
- Scene Shop Committee-This committee is working jointly with Cresco Theatre Commission and Chamber. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 21st, at 6:30 PM.
- Fundraising: The Commission discussed applying for a gambling license in January, and the possibility of using Venmo.
- 110 Year Anniversary-August of 2024: The Commission discussed having the Looney Lutherans perform at Harvest Fest.
- Next Meeting Date- December 11th, 2023, to be followed by Scene Shop Fundraising Committee meeting. Julie Wilson made the motion to approve, seconded by Kari Waterbeck and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-Joe Wacha reported that CCT has rescheduled their meeting for 11/21, and that they are waiting to hear about the spring show that they would like to do.
- Chamber-Upcoming events: 11/17 Chamber Banquet; 11/19 Holiday Open House; 11/24 Santa Parade followed by ribbon-cutting for The Pub
- City Council-No report
- Comments from the Audience-none
Kelly Bartling made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Kari Waterbeck and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Julie A. Wilson