Posted: October 5, 2023 | Updated: November 22, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: October 9th, 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Gosch, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling, Lickteig
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from September 11th, 2023 meeting
- Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Manager’s Report
- Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Friends of Theatre
- Theatre Seats
- Scene Shop Committee
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
- 110 Year Anniversary-Ideas and Planning for August of 2024
- Next meeting date: November 13th, 2023
- Comments from Community Theatre
- Comments from Chamber
- Comments from City Council
- Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, October 4th, 2023.
Cresco Theatre Commission
President David Gosch called the meeting to order on October 9th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: David Gosch, Kelly Bartling, Steve Lickteig, Kari Waterbeck, Ann Seebach and Julie Wilson. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager ,and Joe Wacha, Cresco Community Theatre.
The October agenda, September minutes and financials were reviewed. Kelly Bartling made the motion to approve, seconded by Steve Lickteig and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. Wendy reported that the live performance for Rustic Moon had a small crowd, but they enjoyed themselves. Ticket sales have been going well for 10/14: The Neverly Brothers. A Tourism Grant was received for this which will help offset advertising and hotel costs. There is a plan in place to repair the front sidewalk. Bids are being obtained for repair to the ramp. Movies have not done well as of late, due to movies being released. Two free movies have been booked so far for the year. No staffing report at this time. Ann Seebach made the motion to approve, seconded by Kelly Bartling and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Friends of Theatre-Events are covered at this time.
- Theatre Seats-No report at this time.
- Scene Shop Committee-This committee is working jointly with Cresco Theatre Commission and Chamber.
- Fundraising: The Commission discussed applying for a gambling license in January, and the possibility of using Venmo.
- 110 Year Anniversary-August of 2024: The Commission discussed having ads before the movies with photos, and videos of old performances in the upcoming year. Another idea was to have Sunday matinees showing past plays as movies.
- Next Meeting Date- November 13th, 2023, to be followed by Scene Shop Fundraising Committee meeting. Ann Seebach made the motion to approve, seconded by Julie Wilson and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-Joe Wacha reported that CCT would like to do a silent auction to raise funds for the Scene Shop.
- Chamber-No report
- City Council-No report
- Comments from the Audience-none
Kari Waterbeck made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Steve Lickteig and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Julie A. Wilson