Posted: April 5, 2023 | Updated: October 16, 2023
Notice and Call of Public Meeting
Government Body: Cresco Theater Commission
Date of Meeting: April 1 0th , 2023
Time and Place of Meeting: 5:30 p.m. at Champlin Hall, Cresco Theatre
Roll Call: Hayek, Gosch, Hughes, Waterbeck, Wilson, Seebach, Bartling
Recurring Items: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from March 1 3th , 2023 meeting
- Approval of claims/financials
Staff Reports: There may be action taken on each of the items listed below.
- Manager’s Report
- Staffing and Employees
Old Business: There may be action taken on items.
- Friends of Theatre
- Theatre Seats
- Scene Shop Committee
New Business: There may be action taken on items.
- 10 year anniversary in August
- CCT’s Rental Agreement
- Next meeting date: May 8th, 2023 Comments:
- Comments from Community Theatre
- Comments from Chamber
- Comments from City Council
- Comments from Audience
THIS NOTICE IS GIVEN PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 21, CODE OF IOWA AND THE LOCAL RULES OF SAID GOVERNMENT BODY, APRIL 5, 2023.
Cresco Theatre Commission
President Jon Hayek called the meeting to order on April 10th, 2023, at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Jon Hayek, David Gosch, Kari Waterbeck, Ann Seebach, Kelly Bartling, and Julie Wilson. Ronda Hughes was unable to attend. Guests: Wendy Lickteig, Cresco Theatre Manager, Joe Wacha, Cresco Community Theatre, and Alex Fortune, City Council.
The April agenda, March minutes and financials were reviewed. David Gosch made the motion to approve, seconded by Kari Waterbeck and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Wendy Lickteig presented the manager’s report. The profits from the Jimmy Kuratz show were $768.50 for tickets and $266 for concessions. Upcoming events are: 4/29-Mitchell Hall and the Tennessee Trio: A Johnny Cash Tribute at 2 and 7 PM, 5/5-Joseph Hall: Elvis Rock N ’Remember at 7 PM, 9/23-Rustic Moon: A Neil Young Tribute. Wendy will accept the Community Foundation Grant of $15,000 on 4/11, and is working on grants from Alliant Energy, Black Hills, and Donaldsons. Outdoor movies are being scheduled and lined up for the upcoming months. The Theatre has been offered two pianos. It was decided that due to humidity in Champlin Hall and the need to lock the keyboards, that we should gratefully decline these offers. Wendy will be attending a conference in Des Moines in May for theatre managers.
Staffing: Wendy shared that she will be conducting more frequent staffing reviews, and she is taking a more hands-on-approach as manager. Kelly Bartling made a motion to approve the manager’s and staffing report, seconded by David Gosch and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Friends of Theatre-Will be asked to help with upcoming live events.
- Theatre Seats-Nothing to report at this time.
- Scene Shop Committee-The committee should hear about the Catalyst Grant in the next month. The committee will be meeting again in the near future.
- Fundraising: For the next meeting, Commission members should come with at least 5 ideas.
- 10 Year Anniversary-Ideas for celebrating were discussed. Commission members should come with additional ideas for the next meeting.
- CCT Rental Agreement-After discussion, it was decided that city officials would be asked to make recommendations. The Theatre Commission will discuss, vote, and approve at the May meeting.
- Next Meeting Date-May 8th, Ann Seebach made the motion to approve, seconded by Julie Wilson and unanimously approved by the Commission.
- Community Theatre-They are meeting on 4/11, and are finalizing plans for a summer event.
- Chamber-No report
- City Council-Alex Fortune shared updates concerning water mains, storm sewers, street projects, crosswalk projects, sewer and water rates, and yard waste pick up.
David Gosch made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Jon Hayek and unanimously approved by the Commission.
Julie A. Wilson