Posted: June 1, 2023 | Updated: August 2, 2023
- All existing pavement, granular base, and concrete curb on 7th Street West from Highway 9 to 4th Avenue will be removed and replaced.
- The existing 4-inch watermain will be replaced with an 8-inch watermain from Highway 9 to 4th Avenue.
- The existing sanitary sewer will be replaced from Highway 9 to Stock Ave
- A new storm sewer will be constructed from the Airport to 3rd Avenue.
- A storm water retention basin will be constructed near the Airport.
- Construction activity is expected to begin June 19th at the Airport. Underground work north of the airport will start on July 10th. All utility and road base construction will be completed by November 24th, 2023.
- Concrete Pavement will be constructed in the summer of 2024 and completed by September 27th, 2024.
- The project will be phased as shown in the phasing plan. Phases will be worked on sequentially.
- The project’s schedule and completion date is weather dependent.
The City of Cresco has retained the services of WHKS & Co. to design and administer the project. Scott Huneke will be the onsite construction observer for the project and will be onsite daily to observe the construction and to answer any questions. WHKS will work closely with the Public Works Department.
The Contractor for the 7th Street West Reconstruction project is Generation X Construction from Rushford, MN.
- Generation X Construction
- Ryan Oian
- Rushford, MN
- Cell Phone 507-429-3755
7th Street West from Iowa Highway 9 to 4th Avenue West with drainage improvements south of Highway 9.
The City of Cresco is funding a portion of the project with local funds. Special assessments are also being used.
- 7th Street will remain graveled over the winter.
- Access to individual driveways may be restricted during construction. Access is expected to be restored at the end of each workday unless concrete is poured. Residents should not drive across new concrete for at least 3-7
- Temporary water may be required during the watermain replacement. The Contractor will coordinate connecting your home to temporary water. Basement access may be required.
- Please look to the City website for construction updates
- Utility interruptions may occur during the project’s construction. The Contractor will coordinate these disruptions with the utility and property owners.
- Garbage collection will be coordinated with the contractor. Please put your name and house address on your garbage cans with permanent marker and duct tape, so you receive the same can after the garbage is collected.
- If necessary, a temporary mailbox bank(s) will be installed at an accessible location on the project. Generation X Construction would coordinate the location with the U.S. Postal Service.
- Any special arrangements shall be the property owner’s responsibility to coordinate with the Contractor and with WHKS.
- Excavations may be fenced off overnight within the roadway to allow for concrete curing prior to backfilling. Please maintain a safe distance from these areas while the site is disturbed.
- During the project, numerous locating flags and wooden lath will be placed along the project, within the ROW and/or on private property. Please do not disturb these markings.
Successful completion of the project will be greatly affected by your cooperation during construction. Construction will disrupt travel to and from your home or business. The cooperation between the City of Cresco, the Contractor, and Property Owner will significantly improve the construction process.
BE ALERT!! Watch for construction workers and vehicles in the construction zone.
Please assist in keeping children away from dangerous areas and equipment.
Please drive slowly when in the construction zone. Observe warning signs for changing conditions.
WHKS & Co.
- City Engineer – Bill Angerman, P.E.
Office Phone (507) 288-3923
- Project Engineer – Scott Huneke, P.E.
Office Phone (507) 288-3923
Cell Phone 507-358-5234